Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 1 Why?

Why am I starting this blog among millions of other blogs? There are many reasons. The reason I started it today is because I promised God that I would. I have known for 10 years that I am supposed to write a book about my life. There is not a person that I tell my story to (believing and unbelieving) who is not totally amazed by it. God has brought me so far and yet there is still so far to go. I know that people need to read about what God did for me and that it will impact them. I just have never gotten myself to the point of writing the book. The pressure to write has been building in me over the last few months. I thought starting a blog would be an easy way to write about the amazing things God has taught and shown me as well as done in my life while minimizing the pressure on myself. Blogging seems less overwhelming and serious compared to "writing a book". Maybe the blog will also help me piece things together in a coherent and readable manner. If people actually read it, maybe enjoy it, and are impacted in some way that would be icing on the cake. If you follow me, you will enjoy an unbelievable and miraculous tale of grace. It may not always be totally well written and it might not always be pleasant, but it will be honest, authentic and from my gut. Oh, and the reason for the blog name, it is the name of the book I will be writing. I feel like I have been searching for a place to belong all my life. I never really fit in anywhere. Elementary school was tough; my family wasn't very good at loving me; they were actually better at hurting me. I just never felt like I belonged anywhere. Sorry to give away the ending of the book, but I found a place I belonged. I found my place in God. There are still areas that I am working some of the the details of that through, but for the most part I don't struggle with belonging anymore. This blog will be a glimpse into the journey that has brought me to this place where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment